So school has been on my mind a lot lately! Not my schooling but my kids! I really like their teachers right now but I don't get a great feeling from the rest of the staff at the school. They are at the local elementary school which is just down the street and they can walk if they have to. There are 2 charter schools in town and the majority of our ward kids go to one or the other. One has a permanent building and the other is in the process of building theirs so they are working out of mobile units. The hardest part about putting them in either of those is the logistics of pick-up after school since I don't have the car all the time. We could definitely work out a car pool though. I haven't had a lot of time to look at their curriculum and teaching styles either so it's still kind of a question for me.
The other thought that's been running through my head is homeschooling! Part of me really thinks that I should go that route. I think it would increase the respect and hopefully listening skills of my kids to me and T. I also think it would be good for them to really learn to like learning together. Then there's the part of me that is so happy that I can send my kids to school and get a break from them, and them from me. There have been days when we really need the time apart! I also worry that I am not organized enough or knowledgeable enough to really succeed at homeschooling!
So, those are my thoughts, any input or thoughts you have? What do you think is the ideal way to help your kids succeed?
4 comments:
I wrote a note that was too long. I will try to email you.
This is all you need to know really, If you are willing, HE will make you able. Everything you lack, HE can make up for.
I commend you (jumping up and down inside that you are considering homeschooling) for looking outside of the norm. Once you start down this path, it's hard to ever look back.
I am hear for anything you need or questions that you have.
Here. Not hear. Oh dear, my poor homeschooled kids.
(See what I mean?!?)
I think homeschooling would be amazing and you would do a great job! If you decide to go the charter school route, I have heard great things about both schools. I think I would choose pathway over Legacy, but that's just personal preference.
did I mention that the entire schools is not doing any field trips either? Apparently the new principal (interim) doesn't think they are educational. Bunch of crap if you ask me though!
Post a Comment